Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Hello. Welcome to my new blog, Step Onto Liquid. Last summer, I attended Survival Camp, and it's theme was "Walk on Water." About the same time, I began to get interested in surfing and a particular surfing DVD called "Step Into Liquid." It was about that time I started thinking about a life of stepping onto liquid.

Step onto liquid basically means "live by faith." Survival Camp got it's Walk on Water theme from Matthew 14. In this passage, we learn about a time when Jesus walked on water and calmed a storm. We also see Peter walk out on the water to Jesus. Now Jesus is not calling us to go to the nearest lake and see how we fare at this, but he is calling us to walk by faith, not sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7) Like Peter, Jesus calls us to step out in faith on a pathway we do not know. We cannot always trust what we can see, but we must always trust Jesus and what he tells us through his word. We must believe that salvation is through faith alone, and we must humble ourselves and admit that we cannot be saved by our own works. And we must daily put feet to our faith by taking up our cross and following him. We must faithfully make the hard decisions and follow Christ even when we cannot see where it will lead. But day by day as we choose to step onto liquid, we will find that there is no other way to live, for he who loses his life shall find it!

This is my new blog. If you read it, you will get a snapshot of my thoughts. You will probably read about random happenings, sports, politics, music, or movies, but mostly I hope to share thoughts about the Lord and things he is teaching me as I walk by faith.

This is not my first blog, previously I have used Xanga. Feel free to check out the archives at www.xanga.com/dolphinboy54 But from now on I will be posting here.

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts. Outside of Blogger, you can reach me by e-mail at stepontoliquid@yahoo.com or on AIM at StepOntoLiquid. I hope that isn't too hard to remember.

I encourage you all to step onto liquid and to walk by faith (Galatians 5), for if you do, you will find abudant life in the Lord. Thank you so much for visiting my site, God bless.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Bro!

I am so excited to be commenting on your blog! This is a really well-written entry and gets your blog off to a promising start. I love the StepOntoLiquid theme. It brings back some great memories of Survival Camp as well as inspiring new thoughts to take steps of faith! I will definitely be coming back here again and again for more thoughts about the Lord as He teaches you to walk on water!

12:54 AM PDT  
Blogger Pastor Bruce said...

Welcome to the blogdom. I appreciate your insights and your heart for the Lord. Keep "walking on water" with the Lord.

6:15 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ben,

It is good to see your new blog up and running. I find it encouraging that we can say, "BRING IT ON!" to the hard decisions in life because we know that we have faithful Savior leading us. The first step can sometimes be the hardest part.

8:19 AM PDT  
Blogger Christa Blakey said...

Ben-
Welcome to the sweetness of Blogger blogging. I guess Bobby pressured you a bit to get you here... Well, I'm sure you will be glad you did . I really like your entry, how you talk about Jesus calling us to walk by faith not by sight. I sure am looking forward to reading more "snapshots" of your thoughts as the days go by.
-Christa

10:15 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home