Sunday, December 24, 2006

Hello (Again), Bedford Falls

My most sincere apologies. First, I have abondoned the blogosphere for quite a while now. Second, I gave you (the reader) no warning of when I might leave and when I might come back. I simply left you to come back and look at an outdated post about USC football.

All that being said, I'm back. First, let me tell you what I've been up to that has kept me from blogging. Second, let me tell you my hopes for the near future of "Step Onto Liquid."

On the Sunday night after Thanksgiving, I recall telling a friend over the phone as I drove back to school, "I feel like I'm about to be shot out of a cannon." That's exactly what it felt like. The last three weeks of school was intense academically. I had to wrap up all my classes. That included reading books, answering a lot of questions, practicing piano, and taking some intense finals. Also, I produced the fifth edition of the Hotchkiss Starlet CD. This cd is a collection of music (both original and not) that the men of Hotchkiss give to the women every year or so. Making the CD was a blast, but it made for some late nights of recording/editing. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

When school ended, I quickly shifted into an action packed first week of Christmas Break. As soon as I finished my last exam, I loaded up all my stuff in my car and drove home, only to get in another car and go to my brother Billy's wedding rehearsal. Billy's wedding was a blast. It was so much fun to see how excited he and Cory were, and I also enjoyed hanging out with the guys in the wedding party. (Check out Billy's blog for Maui pics, and Matt Rehrer's for good wedding shots.)

After the wedding, I drove down to Vista (near San Diego) and spent the weekend hanging out with friends. On Tuesday, I returned to the area to help a friend move to Escondido. Northern Sand Diego County is a really nice spot. Orange County is pretty nice, too. I got to go there on Wednesday to visit Bobby, Christa, and my little nephew Tyler.

In between those two events, I got to play golf at Trump National with my dad, my grandpa, and my uncle. Trump National is the nicest course I've ever played, and I don't know if I'll ever say that again (unless I play Pebble Beach.) The course twice brought us all to our knees. First, it astonished us with its beauty. You can see the ocean from every hole on the course, and the sky was so clear that day, it made Catalina look two miles away. Second, it demolished our golf game. If you don't bring your "A game" to Trump, you get an F (as in "You're Fired.")

Thursday I took off on an amazing road trip to Yosemite National Park with a few friends. By the time we made it to the park, we had already had a blast just having fun on the drive up. At the park, we got to enjoy the awesomeness of so much beauty crammed into one valley. IT was also the closest experience I've ever had to a White Christmas. Yosemite is definitely a place I plan on going back to. Hopefully, I'll add some pics of that trip soon.

Yesterday, I got to rest. It was the first day I had spent completely in the Santa Clarita Valley in over a week. So to make what has turned out to be a really long story short, I'm back to blogging. Here's the quick vision for what I'm hoping to blog over the next sixth months. Over the rest of Christmas Break, I'm hoping to continue blogging as I was before I stopped three weeks ago. All of this will be gearing up for IBEX. On January 20th, I will be leaving for Israel. I will be spending all of next semester there before returning in early May. I'm hoping/planning on blogging from Israel, so hopefully I will be building blog-momentum until that will carry over into the Israel trip.

That's it for the update. Have a great Christmas Eve. Watch It's a Wonderful Life tonight at 8/7c on NBC.

What do you know about that, Bert!?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Bro,

Great to have you back!

11:42 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home