Thursday, January 26, 2006

Not Just Any Other Day

From the start, today was destined to be a good day. I got to start the day by spending some time talking and praying with a few wingmates, and the day eventually reached its climax in being able to go to Generations for the first time this semester. But as the day started my memory was unexpectedly prompted to think about something that happened on this day eight years ago.

This morning, I was reading a blog about Revival at www.godsongmusic.com. In this post, my brother reflects on a series of awesome events that occured his senior year in high school. Revival rocked our tiny school, especially the senior class. And one Monday afternoon, Bobby and his friend, Matt Ferris, came to visit my fifth and sixth grade class. Matt told our class his testimony and how he had recently truly repented and given his life to the Lord. I remember sitting in the classroom, terrified by my own sin and need for repentance. I went to the my Dad's office after that and prayed with him, seeking to repent of my sins before the Lord. I am still not sure if this is when I truly became a Christian or if I had been before, but I know that the events of that day, January 26, 1998, had a definite impact on my life. I did learn a valuable lesson about repentance, I learned that living the Christian life was a daily undertaking, and I really started to have a desire to read the Bible for my own. I know that that day was part of God's faithfulness to complete the work he had started in me. I thank God for his pursuit of me; I am grateful that he saved me, that he is sanctifying me, and that I will spend eternity in heaven, praising the One who lives, and was dead, and is alive forevermore.

3 Comments:

Blogger roberta said...

Praise the Lord! I thank God for how He works in our lives, and how He uses people to prod us and encourage us.

8:37 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Bro! What a great blog! I too remember that day eight years ago when Matt and I came into Mr. Armstrong's class. Praise the Lord that the Holy Spirit convicted you on that day and that this led to repentance in your life! Thanks for sharing your personal experience as it is so encouraging and may we pray for another revival like that! May we know a greater realization of God's presence among us and a greater conviction of our sin. God Bless!

1:02 PM PST  
Blogger Grafted Branch said...

What a wonderful recounting! That all happened in a school?

5:39 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home