Monday, March 27, 2006

Brevity is Nice

So Spring Break is definitely over, and school is absolutely back in session. Tonight and tomorrow I am working frantically on a respondent's brief for Law and Public Policy, but I thought I would give a quick update on the events from the past week.

-The Lady Mustangs ended their playoff run in the Final Four of the NAIA. This was their first ever Final Four appearance.

-In the Big Dance, J.J. and the Blue Devils lost, crushing my heart and my bracket. At least Florida made it, but honestly...who picked George Mason? I'm sure some George Mason alums are looking like geniouses in their office pools right now.

-On Wednesday, the former mayor of Santa Clarita, Cameron Smyth, came and spoke to some students here at TMC. He talked to us about his experiences in politics as well as Kevin Korenthal, who effectlively is the chairman of the Santa Clarita Valley Republican Party. The evening perked my interest for more involvement in local politics.

-Check this out: God's grace not only justifies those who believe in Christ, it sanctifies us, and someday by God's grace we will be glorified. That's amazing grace.

-Dr. Behle has started talking about the Sermon on the Mount in New Testament I. His lectures have helped me realize how important that sermon is. I have also read some of Dr. Martin Lloyd-Jones's book on that sermon. I highly recommend it.

That's all for now. Back to the brief and then off to bed!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Bro! Thanks for the update on what you are up to!

6:57 PM PST  
Blogger Samuel Carstensen said...

I picked George Mason. :-) I don't know why either. Unfortunately, I haven't "invested" anything in my bracket, so I won't be walking away with any winnings.

11:25 PM PST  
Blogger Bill Blakey said...

"Brevity is the soul of wit"

-Bill Shakespeare

1:21 PM PST  
Blogger Corie said...

I demand more blogging!

2:34 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home