Monday, March 13, 2006

I Love Technology

Last night was an experience in technology for me. It all started with my iPod. My iPod is a pretty nifty gadget. It allows me to carry days of music and movies right in my pocket, to be listened to or watched at my convenience. (Steve Jobs is a genious.)

But technology gets difficult when things break, and last night my iPod would not turn off. This was not good. Instantly, I was thinking, "Why did I spend $300 dollars on this thing?"

So I did what anyone else would do trying with such a technological problem. I went to Google and searched for "my iPod won't turn off." (By the way, the Google guys are geniouses, too.) With seconds I found out that I could reset my iPod by holding down the Menu and Select buttons, and my iPod was working great again in no time.

This experience got me thinking even more about technology. As I was driving home, I thought about how cool a car is. I was operating a machine that travels at 70 mph, while lighting its own way, while serenading me with music I had selected on my iPod. Technology these days...

Last night at church, Pastor MacArthur continued talking about heaven. As I pondered technology last night, my mind also thought about how vastly superior heaven will be to this world. For all the cool technology we have, life is still far from perfect. Things break, people get sick and die, and even some of the technology we have comes at the expense of the environment. And above all this, technology does not have the ability to sanctify us. Steve Jobs and the Google guys aren't going to make us sinless.

However, someday Christians will live in a perfect world. Nothing will break. There will be no sickness, crying, or death. And above all this: we will be like Jesus! We will be perfect and have no sin. That sounds awesome.

Heaven is a wonderful place--I wanna go there...

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Blakey said...

...Filled with glory and graaAAaace...

Once again, thanks for keeping it real with the blog entries, bro. Thanks for representing. Your post encouraged me to long for heaven, not for sweet gadgets.

4:30 PM PST  
Blogger Bri said...

i love love loved this blog, its sooo true!! and i relate it to other things in this world besides gadgets, like chanel sunglasses or coach purses.....cuz there wont be coach in heaven, cuz we wont need purses! haha wow, clarity is crazy sometimes...

7:42 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home