Tuesday, April 18, 2006


The Push is Over!

Over the past two and a half weeks, I have had tests, quizzes, projects, and papers due in every class. When I finished one, I simply started the next. But as of 12:15 this afternoon, what I like to call "the push" of the semester is over. The rest of the semester should be downhill until finals week. The stream of projects and tests has dried up. Most of what I have left is reading.

So I decided to take tonight to relax and celebrate. I ended up going to Vista Valenica driving range to hit golf balls with Brad Smith. If there ever was a night for going to the driving range, tonight was it. The winds that had swept through the Santa Clarita Valley all day subsided as the sun set. And if you've ever hit at a driving range at night, you know that few things feel better than hitting a good shot that goes out and disappears into the darkness. Brad and I had a good time talking about golf, school, the coolness of the Godsong podcast, and other things. After my bucket emptied, I drove back to school with the windows down and Jack Johnson serenading me.

After I got back, I hung out with guys on the wing for a while before going to small groups. Tonight we talked about decision making. We talked about how making good decisions requires consistent time in the Word. We also discussed how good decisions require counsel.

Now I am going to continue the celebration by sleeping...a lot. Hopefully a cessation of schoolwork will lead to an increase of blogging.

Here's some quick music updates:
I've recently been checking out a band called The Fray. Their song "Over My Head" is one of the fastest rising singles in the history of benTunes.

Godsong now has a podcast. Have you subscribed?

5 Comments:

Blogger roberta said...

What a delight to check out your blog and find something new. Brevity was nice, but its duration as latest post was not at all brief! Enjoy your less-hectic weeks!

8:18 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Bro! Praise the Lord you made it through "the push." And what a way to celebrate by hitting golf balls with Brad Smith. Whoa! Excited that a decrease in schoolwork might lead to an increase in blogging!

8:56 AM PDT  
Blogger Corie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Corie said...

The Fray are awesome! Check out Teddy Thompson, he's amazing!

10:01 AM PDT  
Blogger Christa Blakey said...

Hi Ben, so happy to see you blogging:). Maybe your cessation of schoolwork will also allow you to send me my next CivIV turn!!!

12:15 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home