Sunday, October 01, 2006

Some Sunday Thoughts



Take a good look at that picture. You will notice that both of these people look pretty happy. And they are not just happy people; they are a happy couple. You can tell that these two have the general disposition that life is just better together. A week before this picture was taken, Billy asked Cory to marry him, and she agreed. And I think that they are even happier now than they were the day of this picture because December 15 is much closer.

This morning, Pastor Rick Holland spoke at Grace Community Church on 1 Peter 1:3-9. He spoke about the incredible joy that we should have in the living Savior and the living hope of heaven. At one point in the sermon, he used the joy of marriage as an example. Now I've never been engaged or married, but I've known people who have, and it seems like it's a pretty fun/exciting/joyful/pysched out your mind kind of thing.

So here is the question I am getting at: Do I look forward to heaven like I would to getting married? Do I spend time with my Savior now like I would with a fiancee?

I know that I need to think about the reality of heaven more and enjoy the "joy inexpressible and full or glory" that that should bring. So get excited. Heaven is real, and if you believe in Christ, you're going there to be with Him forever someday. You psyched? I'm psyched.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bri said...

I'm psyched out of my mind.

11:20 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ben I believe you have one singular but quite blaring typo in your blog that changes the entire atmosphere of the subject with which you speak. Can you find out what it is?

10:30 AM PDT  
Blogger Ben Blakey said...

Thanks, Joe.

10:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Bill Blakey said...

Ben,

Thanks for the shout-out and using Cory and I as an illustration in your blog! Appreciate it!

Hey, Mr. Perfect on the SAT, check your spelling...

11:47 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Bro!

I want you to know that I thouroughly understood what you were saying in your blog even if you had a typo...In fact, I think this underscores your point. In heaven everything will be perfect. We will never be fully satisfied until we are in the presence of God.

6:52 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home