Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mom



Today is a wonderful day because it's my mom's birthday! Unfortunately, right now my mom is in South Africa, so she will be celebrating her birthday on the other side of the world.

I appreciate my mom. She has raised three boys who seem to have turned out all right (although I'm not so sure about the third one) and she has been constantly involved in the church. A couple things I appreciate most about my mom are her heart of service and her devotion to the Word of God.

My mom is a servant. She continually serves out family. She has done this beyond just cooking and cleaning (let me also mention that I am definitely missing my mom's home cooking while she is away), but she also has served our family spiritually. Her sweet spirit and constant love have shown us Christ in a tanglible way.

My mom is also lover of the word of God. She shares the attitude of Jeremiah when he says, "Your words were found and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart." (Jer. 15:16) I commonly saw her reading the Bible around the house in my youth. I have watched her involvement in leading women's Bible studies. She is gifted in both understanding and applying the text.

There are many things I appreciate about my mother, but her attitude of service and devotion to the word of God top the long list. So all this to say, Happy Birthday, Mom!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill Blakey said...

With a hearty AMEN to that!!!

2:27 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll second that!

Can't wait til we can all get together and celebrate!

3:14 PM PDT  
Blogger Bri said...

oh my gosh i have tears, that was very nice benjies...

2:50 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home