Sunday, October 22, 2006

50 Years Later

Last Sunday was a special Sunday. It was the 50th Anniversary Celebration for Grace Community Church. I have only attended Grace for about 4 of those years, but I can easily see the many ways this church has impacted my 20-year-old life.

It did not take me long to realize the magnitude of "GComm's" effect on my life. As I started thinking about this topic, I was sitting on my bed at The Master's College with my MacArthur Study Bible. If Grace Church had never existed, I probably would not have a MacArthur Study Bible, and I probably would have never heard of The Master's College. These two observations were only the beginning. I began to think about how my parents grew during their years at Grace, and they have probably impacted me more than anyone else.

I had never seen GComm more packed than it was last Sunday. The excitement of 50 years of the Lord's grace working through Grace Community Church was all oozing all over the place. The day was filled with special music and some sweet retrospective videos. The morning video focused mostly on the history of the church. I especially enjoyed the video because 4 of the 6 remaining founding members of Grace attend my Bible study, Generations. Those 4 people, who I did not know until last year, have born fruit in my life in so many ways by the work they started 50 years ago. Pretty cool...

This Sunday (right now) I am down in Orange County attending my brother's church, Compass Bible Church. This church was started just over a year ago, and it is exciting to listen to my brother talk about how the Lord is working here. I am looking forward to seeing it in action today. Who knows what the fruits of this ministry could be in 50 years? Who knows what the fruits of your ministry and my ministry could be in 50 years?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro, Thanks for the thoughts. It's not only the effects our ministries will have 50 years from now but in eternity!

12:07 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home